Kenilworth Nub News' mortgage partner: Why you should think seriously about income protection

  Posted: 08.09.21 at 19:38 by Steve McKernan

us on Facebook



Kenilworth Nub News' financial partner Steve McKernan of Castle Mortgages encourages residents to think seriously about income protection:

According to a recent article in FT Adviser, "Homeowners in Britain are woefully under-prepared in the event of long-term sickness, accident or ill health."

Nobody plans to get hit by a bus but these things do happen! Should you be left unable to work do you have a plan in place to keep paying your bills and mortgage?

Royal London's recently commissioned State of the Protection Nation research highlights that only 19 per cent of people with a mortgage have income protection in place, which leaves 81 per cent unprotected. Is this you?

While you’re probably aware of the benefits of protection, the expertise of an adviser can help steer you in the right direction to ensure you’re protected when you need it most.

If you take a look at LV=’s Risk Reality Calculator it will show you the likelihood of needing to claim on income protection, critical illness cover and life cover based on their research.

Over 80 per cent of people do not have income protection

But it’s not only mortgage holders that need protection in place, renters need income protection just as much as homeowners. After all, the chances of an accident or illness making you unable to work don’t go away just because you rent!

Contact us today to see how we can help you find the right income protection policy for your needs, our panel of providers can offer something for everyone, so there’s no excuse!

Castle Mortgages is a sponsor of Kenilworth Nub News.

Without their community-minded sponsorship, we wouldn’t be able to bring you local news free from overly-intrusive ads, pop-ups and clickbait.

Follow this link to Castle Mortgages' website and get in touch.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Warwickshire Police is looking for a 28-year-old man after he allegedly breached a restraining order. Kevin Daniel, of no fixed abode, is wanted by...
Read more...

Upcoming Kenilworth Event...

Exhibition: Art and design in post-war Coventry and Warwickshire, 1945-70

Modern Mercia: Post-war art in Coventry and Warwickshire 1945-1970 explores the rich variety of architecture, art and design produced in Coventry and ...



Event

Share: