HR Officer / HR Advisor (EXPIRED)
HR / Recruitment
HR Officer / HR Advisor, based in Warwickshire, North Birmingham or North Derbyshire, salary £24,000 to £27,000 per annum, 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays), funding for CIPD level 5.
Are you looking for an opportunity to fast track your development and progression within your HR career? If so, our role is for you!
We are looking for an HR Officer / HR Advisor to join and complement our small team of HR professionals within a successful, growing HR Consultancy business. This is an exciting opportunity to not only expand and develop your current knowledge, but a real opportunity to broaden your experience across a range of sectors.
At the HR Dept, we provide HR support to small to medium size businesses across nearly every sector. In addition to solving HR problems and challenges for our clients, we also offer services to help our clients grow their businesses. You have the choice to be based in either our Warwickshire, North Birmingham or North Derbyshire office. The team support clients across these locations, and are in need of recruiting an additional HR Officer / HR Advisor to ensure the provision of an excellent local, personal service to our clients.
The HR Officer / HR Adviser will be responsible for managing client relationships and the delivery of HR advice, seeking addition support from the HR Advisor team with more complex cases and client queries. This is a busy and varied role within a fast paced growing business which will require a degree of flexibility and a willingness to travel, with the opportunity for career progression.
This is a full-time, permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, with the opportunity to work your hours flexibly within the operating hours of the business.
HR Officer / HR Advisor Main Duties:
- Telephone response to answer incoming calls, and to provide advice to clients. You will be required to log all advice calls on the database. Where advice falls outside of your knowledge and experience, seek appropriate advice from the wider team. Provide any requested letters or documents, ensuring the CRM is updated for audit trail.
- Providing an exceptional, timely HR service to our clients offering pragmatic, user friendly advice.
- Attending and running ER meetings alongside and on behalf of clients.
- Drafting bespoke letters, policies, contracts of employment and handbooks for our clients, ensuring compliance with new employment legislation.
- Supporting the wider HR Advisor team in conducting ad-hoc HR projects for clients, such as restructures, redundancy projects, policy development etc.
- Supporting with complex cases to develop skills and experience.
- Supporting with recruitment campaigns for clients, including drafting job adverts, shortlisting candidates and arranging interviews.
- Participating in designing and offering additional services to benefit our clients.
- Ensuring client targets and deadlines are met.
- Maintaining CPD and enhance employment law knowledge by attending regular CIPD events, legal updates etc.
HR Officer / HR Advisor Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Enthusiastic person who is passionate about HR and providing first class customer service.
- Level 3 CIPD qualified, and/or working towards becoming CIPD Level 5 qualified is essential.
- Previous experience within a HR role, ideally gained in a stand-alone role or within a small HR team.
- Sound knowledge of employment law and a commitment to keeping up to date with legislative changes.
- Excellent written English, good numeracy skills and an ability to be accurate even at speed.
- Good administrative skills and IT literate, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Great organiser and communicator, with the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of the particular issues faced by SMEs.
- Enjoy problem solving and be able to demonstrate sound judgement to deliver solutions that fit.
- Ability to work using your own initiative.
- Car owner and a full driving licence essential.
- Enjoy working as part of a small close team.
Once you have submitted your CV, please provide a copy of your covering letter and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.